Saturday, December 31, 2011

Read, think and live then repeat...

Tonight will be filled with church goers, party hoppers and baby makers, all hoping for a better year then the last... As I look over 2011, I am grateful for the trials and triumphs and the blessings and beginnings.  In 2011, I got married, met great people, left a dead-end job, started a new job, lost my dog, adopted two new dogs, gained some weight, loss some weight, loved DTLA, hated DTLA, prayed, moved, laughed, cried, gossiped, screamed, bought way more stuff then needed, gave some items away, bought more items because I gave some items away, this is in addition to buying way more stuff then needed by the way.

For me, resolutions don't work, why wait for a new year to make promises of changes that should have been done way back when.  I am not knocking anyone that does, I am just letting you know what doesn't work for me...

So instead of making resolutions, I made a list of 12 credos (12 for that person that likes the 12 for 2012 idea) read them, think about them and live them:

1.   Pray daily
2.   Don't smoke, not even occasionally
3.   Be physical for 30 minutes
4.   Stress less
5.   Relax more
6.   Say please and thank you
7.   Sleep 7-plus hours a night
8.   Take a multi-vitamin
9.   Ignore negativity
10. Keep a journal
11. Apologize
12. Make sure the people that you love, feel loved

No comments:

Post a Comment